The arrival of summer should not be an impediment for you to continue practicing your favorite sport or doing some physical activity. If you want to preserve your figure during the holidays, you can practice some of the most common summer sports. Do you want to know what they are? Stay until the end and discover the primary sports to practice in summer that will help you stay in shape.
Recommendations for practicing sport in summer
- During the summer, it is essential to consider some recommendations to prevent the sun and high temperatures from harming us.
- Play sports in the less hot hours. Avoid the central hours of the sun. The most recommended is first thing in the morning or at the end of the afternoon.
- Stay hydrated before, during, and after each physical activity. It would help if you drank more fluids than you are used to so you don’t get dehydrated.
- Wear appropriate clothing when training. Opt for fresh, light, and breathable clothing.
- Eat a nutritious and healthy breakfast that gives you the energy you need to train.
- Wait 1 or 2 hours after eating to play sports.
- Due to the high summer temperatures, you can do shorter but intense sessions.
- Always use sunscreen before going out.
- To have more energy, we recommend you take our ENERGY & VITALITY TEA during the day, and this will allow you to stay active and thus be able to be constant with sports.
- If you feel fatigued, you can help your body by drinking our recovery drink and relaxing ANTI-FATIGUE TEA before bed.
Next, we will show you the primary sports to practice in summer. Let’s see which one is your favorite.
The main sport to practice in summer is swimming. It is a sport in which you will not feel hot, and you will be able to work the whole body. It is suitable for everyone; babies, pregnant women, and older adults. It will help you burn fat, and calories and gain muscle mass. Other benefits of swimming are:
- Improves circulation.
- Increases lung capacity.
- Improves the respiratory system.
- Improves coordination.
- Full muscle work.
- Decreases heart rate.
- Prevents injuries.
- Eliminate fears.
- Mental clarity
- Relieve the stress.
In summer the beaches and swimming pools are the most visited, so take advantage of it by practicing swimming.
Another sport you can practice in summer, on the beach, is surfing. Unlike swimming, it requires more preparation. If you are going to start, it is best to practice when the sea is calm. It is always better to start with an instructor. Among its main benefits you will get:
- Improves cardiovascular health.
- Decreased stress.
- Improves sleep rhythm.
- Muscle strengthening.
- Promotes concentration.
- Improves balance, coordination and flexibility.
- Boosts mood.
Another sport that you can practice in summer is beach volleyball, also called beach volleyball. This sport is suitable for everyone and has excellent health benefits in general, such as:
- Loss of body fat.
- Complete muscle toning.
- Improves the joints.
- Strengthens the ankles.
- Improves agility.
- Helps to socialize.
On many beaches, you will find a practice net or just a playing group that you can join.
We recommend skating if you want to enjoy the streets in summer while practicing a sport. Skating is a sport you can practice in summer if you follow the recommendations we leave you at the beginning of the article. In addition to being a fun sport, it allows us to work the muscles of the lower body mainly. Among its health benefits are:
- Muscle strengthening and toning.
- Improves agility.
- Increase confidence.
- Low impact on the joints.
- Tones the buttocks.
Running lovers can practice this sport in summer on the beach with the sea breeze as their companion. Running on sand will make it more intense but not impossible. That extra effort translates into great health benefits:
- Greater fat loss.
- Strengthening of the leg muscles.
- Improves breathing.
- Improves balance and coordination.
- Less load on the joints.
The best area to run on the beach is where the sand is more compact, and the ground is firmer and more complex. Athletes typically run along the shore area and avoid running through the soft sand so as not to suffer a fall. Put on comfortable clothes, bring water and run to the sound of the sea.
Calisthenics is a sports modality that you can practice in summer. These exercises are performed using your entire body weight. The body itself is responsible for exerting resistance without additional loads. Among its health benefits, you will find:
- Strength gain.
- Loss of fat.
- Improves flexibility, coordination and agility.
- Postural control.
- Keeps muscles active.
Paddle tennis is one of the leading sports that you can practice in summer. It is played with paddles, very similar to rackets. It is accessible to practice and suitable for everyone. Among its benefits we can name:
- Fat burning
- Strengthens and tones muscles.
- Improves the respiratory system.
- Strengthens the heart.
- Improves self-esteem.
In addition to paddle tennis, you can also practice tennis on the beach, which has the same benefits as the sport we just presented to you.
Rowing is an ideal sport to practice in summer. This discipline allows you to work the whole body. It is advisable to have a professional guide you. Among the benefits of this sport we have:
- Strengthens and tones the upper trunk.
- Improve posture.
- Strengthens the back.
- Improves cardiovascular capacity.
- Great for burning fat.
- Eliminates joint stiffness.
Kitesurfing is another of the main sports to practice in summer. It is considered an extreme sport and must be supervised by professionals. It is not recommended for people with respiratory or cardiovascular problems. Those who practice it can achieve these benefits:
- Tones extremities and trunk.
- Improves coordination and balance.
- Develop concentration.
- Shape the figure.
- Keep in weight.
- Gain strength.
- Improves the immune system.
As you can see, the favorite sports for this season involve the beach as the main stage. While we enjoy the sea, we also work on our bodies and health.
Before concluding, it is essential to highlight that all these main sports to practice in summer must go hand in hand with a healthy diet, adequate hydration, and necessary sun protection. This will allow you to achieve the goals you healthily set for yourself.