The rise of superfoods has allowed the study and use of natural foods that were little known recently but are of great health benefit. One of those is Spirulina, which today is a trend among superfoods and gained greater recognition for being used in the diet of astronauts at NASA. Although today it has acquired more fame for its discoveries in recent decades, its use comes from the Mayan and Aztec civilizations who consumed it as part of a healthy diet. If you want to know more about Spirulina, stay until the end and learn about the main benefits of Spirulina for health and athletes.
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a sweet alga that is characterized by its unique nutritional properties as it is rich in iron, vitamins (vitamin A, E, D, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12), protein (up to 75%) and eight amino acids: zinc, calcium, potassium, iodine, magnesium, manganese, selenium and phosphorus. It is also characterized as an excellent antioxidant, rich in water, and low in calories. It contains many more vitamins and minerals than healthy foods like carrots, spinach, and vegetables.
Spirulina Health Benefits
- Superfood. Due to its high nutritional value, Spirulina is considered a complete food, rich in nutrients, and essential for health.
- Antioxidant. Because it is rich in antioxidants and phycocyanin, Spirulina has natural anti-inflammatory and antiviral functions and stimulates the body’s defenses.
- Appetite suppressant. It helps to suppress the appetite due to the presence of phenylalanine among its components. Therefore, Spirulina is ideal for those seeking to maintain their figure.
- Prevents heart disease. Reduces blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and triglycerides. It is ideal for combating anemia due to its high iron content.
- Regenerates the skin and prevents hair and nail loss.
- Improve memory.
- Promotes the immune system by stimulating the cells that act in the body’s defenses.
- Improve sleep.
Spirulina benefits for athletes.
Spirulina is currently considered the ideal complement for athletes. Thanks to all its essential nutrients and nutritional contribution, it can satisfy athletes’ needs. Let’s get to know some of the main benefits of Spirulina for athletes.
- Increased muscle mass. Its large amount of essential amino acids contributes to maintaining and increasing muscle mass. Combining it with a healthy diet and exercise is necessary to guarantee an increase in muscle mass.
- Reduces muscle damage. The amino acids that favor the increase in muscle mass also promote good muscle recovery after training.
- Fights oxidation. Prevents oxidative stress thanks to its antioxidant properties due to the presence of phycocyanin and vitamin E. During exercise, muscles consume more oxygen, which causes the oxidation of some harmful molecules in the body.
- Improves oxygenation. Thanks to its iron content, Spirulina favors oxygenation. Having greater oxygenation also improves resistance and physical performance.
- Helps lose weight. Another of the benefits of Spirulina is that its composition is up to 70% protein, low in calories, and allows you to burn fat naturally. In addition, it decreases the appetite by giving a feeling of satiety and detoxifies the body.
- Increase energy. One of the benefits of Spirulina for athletes is that it helps them have more energy to train. In addition to reducing daily physical exhaustion.
Discover the power of Spirulina in our ENERGY & VITALITY TEA.
One of the main ingredients of our ENERGY & VITALITY TEA is Spirulina. Due to its high content of essential nutrients and amino acids, it is a healthy energy source. If you want to take advantage of all the benefits mentioned above, you can do it with our tea. It is ideal for all people who want to feel active and awake. Spirulina combined with guarana makes this infusion an excellent natural energizing option for athletes.
How to prepare it? Add a tablespoon of 3 grams of tea in a 200 ML cup or tea infuser. Pour 100°C water over the tea and steep for 7-10 minutes.
Without a doubt, Spirulina is a superfood that should be included in the daily diet for its nutritional richness and as an ideal complement for all athletes or people who want to care for their bodies inside and out. If you do not wish to abuse Spirulina, the best way to take it is through our ENERGY & VITALITY TEA infusions that guarantee the recommended daily dose.